Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionTourists are t the only foreigners who flock to Egypt to find solace in Egypt's eternal sunlight and indulge in the lush abundance of the Nile River-migrating birds from the rth come too, and visitors luxuriating on one of Egypt's gorgeous beaches, touring historic monuments, or enjoying a cruise down the Nile are bound to encounter a wide variety of bird life. Water-resistant and compact, this handy guide to the resident and seasonal birds of Egypt is a perfect reference for birdwatchers keen and casual.Includes: - 50 Migrating and resident species of the Nile Valley - Ancient Egypt's Seasons: Akhet (Autumn) - Inundations Peret (Winter) - Growth Shomu (Summer) - Harvest - Map listing birdwatching and wintering/breeding locations About the series: The AUC Press Nature Foldout series combine, in beautifully practical form, a wealth of information written by leading experts with striking full-color illustrations on the flora and fauna of Egypt and the Middle East. Designed for nature lovers and outdoor adventurers, as well as for indoor use, the foldouts come in an easily foldable format, at once compact, waterproof, and portable, making them durable and convenient travel guides. Size is 23 x 8.5 in. / 58.5 x 21.5 cm unfolded.
- Author BiographyDominique Navarro is an Emmy Award winning art director, natural history artist, and writer. In 2014, she won an Emmy for her work as art director on the History Channel (H2) series Big History. She has collaborated on environmental projects producing posters, books, and field guides for museums, schools, and tourism and ecology programs in California. As a trained forensic artist, she produces illustrations and sculptural reconstructions of unidentified persons and ancient archaeological remains. John Wyatt is a specialist in African birds and mammals, and formerly a deputy director at the British Trust for Ornithology. Trained as an anthropologist and ethnographer, he is the world's only ornithologist working full time on the birds of ancient Egypt.
- Author(s)Dominique Navarro,Former Deputy Director John Wyatt
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight23 g
- Width13 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.