All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionFully illustrated, easy to use, and completely up-to-date, Birds of the West Indies is the only field guide that covers all of the bird species kwn to occur in the region - including migrants and infrequently occurring forms. Each species is represented by a full description that includes identification field marks, status and range, habitat, and voice. A map showing the bird's distribution accompanies many species accounts, and plumages of all species are depicted in ninety-three beautifully rendered color plates. Bird lovers, vacationing tourists, local residents, and armchair travelers will all want to own this definitive field guide to the birds of the West Indies. It includes all the species recorded in the region, features ninety-three color plates with concise text on facing pages for quick reference and easy identification, and also contains species accounts which cover identification, voice, status and habitat, and range, and color distribution maps.
- Author BiographyHerbert Raffaele is Chief of the Office of International Conservation of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service. He is the author of A Guide to the Birds of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands (Princeton).
- Author(s)Allan R. Keith,Herbert A. Raffaele,James Wiley,Janis I. Raffaele,Orlando H. Garrido
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication02/09/2003
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitlePrinceton Field Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note93 color plates. 181 color maps. 2 line illus.
- Weight371 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tracy Pedersen,Kristin Williams
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.