CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrated with around 200 archive photographs, this absorbing book captures the commercial heritage of the city and offers a unique glimpse into Birmingham's past. Like most big cities Birmingham has lost many of its family-owned shops, department stores and Co-ops in recent decades. Capturing the diversity of Birmingham's shops and markets, this book provides an important record of life in the city as it used to be that will fascinate anyone who kws the area.
- Author BiographyPeter Drake works as head of local studies at Birmingham Central Library. Collecting rare picture postcards has been a long-standing interest for his co-author Andy Maxam. The images featured in this book are drawn from the extensive archives of Birmingham library as well as the authors' own collections.
- Author(s)Andrew Maxam,Peter Drake
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2007
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleImages of England
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTempus Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteapprox. 200
- Weight300 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.