All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRewned for her practice's exemplary results and low intervention rates, Ina May Gaskin has gained international toriety for promoting natural birth. She is a much-beloved leader of a movement that seeks to stop the hyper-medicalisation of birth which has lead an increase in cesarean sections and renew confidence in a woman's natural ability to birth. Upbeat and informative, Gaskin asserts that the way in which women become mothers is a women's rights issue the act that most powerfully exhibits what it is to be instinctually human.
- Author BiographyCalled the mother of authentic midwifery, INA MAY GASKIN has practiced for nearly forty years at The Farm Midwifery Center, which is noted for its low rates of intervention, morbidity and mortality. She is the only midwife for whom an obstetric maneuver has been named (the Gaskin maneuver). She lives in Tennessee.
- Author(s)Ina May Gaskin
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication21/04/2011
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width138 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.42Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.44Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.