All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Biscuit Joiner: A Woodworker's How-To Guide To Biscuit Joinery expert woodworker Bill Benitez describes the value of the Biscuit Joiner and biscuit joinery with an in-depth book that includes complete instructions on best practices for the Biscuit Joiner with four practice projects and many other photos and descriptions of projects built using the Biscuit Joiner. This book includes details of all the joints possible with the Biscuit Joiner and a complete section with photos on how to make the various cuts for your projects. The book is based entirely on first hand experience and all the projects were built and photographed by Bill Benitez.
- Author BiographyA. William (Bill) Benitez I had various occupations starting at age twelve spenting summers and weekends working with my dad, a general contractor, building homes and buildings. I learned a lot from him and used the lessons to contract my first home by age nineteen. I've operated one-person businesses for more than 30 years. Twelve years of my life were spent working for local government running federally-assisted housing programs starting as an inspector and moving to Director of Community Improvement with 78 employees when I resigned to do writing and consulting full-time. Writing, Publishing and Consulting My first publishing company was Rehab Notes Library and we published a monthly newsletter (Rehab Notes) with subscribers in all 50 states, Canada and England. I also did consulting and public speaking on housing related topics for agencies and organizations in cities across the country. I wrote and published nine guidebooks on the subject of housing rehabilitation. After 1980 when most federal funding was pulled from housing activities, I took advantage of my construction and business experience and started a handyman and woodworking business. Over Twenty-Five Years of Woodworking For over twenty-five years, first in Tampa, Florida and then in Austin, Texas, I built hundreds of small and large cabinet and furniture projects for individuals, companies and government agencies. During these years I began writing books about my experiences and still write them today with my latest published in January of 2016. Personal One-on-One Publishing My company, Positive Imaging, LLC, does what I call positive publishing of my books and the books of others. I help authors to publish their books with one-on-one, personal assistance. To date I have published twenty print books in addition to the nine on housing, more than a half dozen ebooks, and presently have several books in various stages of completion. Computer Experience My computer experience dates back more than twenty years and began in response to poor technical support for my wife Barbara's computer. I used home study to acquire A+ and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certifications and became the IT Manager for the Hyatt Regency in Austin, Texas where I just retired January 2016 after 20 years. I was born and raised in Tampa, Florida and moved to Austin, Texas in 1986, where I now live with my wife, Barbara Frances.
- Author(s)A William Benitez
- PublisherPositive Imaging, LLC
- Date of Publication28/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPositive Imaging, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.