All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationThis series travels the globe to show travellers what not to do with tiny creatures that pack a hefty punch. Whether it is an acid-spewing ant or an explosive beetle, Dr. Mike Leahy is on the lookout for the creepiest crawlies in this action-packed series. Scouring the globe for some of the most advanced killers in the animal kingdom, Mike proves that size does not matter when it comes to posing the biggest threat to humans. Under the watchful eye of medics Mike endeavours to understand the science behind their secret weapons, and highlight how to avoid an unwanted close encounter. A doctor of virology by trade, Mike climbs a 30-metre mountain of cockroach-infested bat guano in Borneo and gets knee-deep in mud in search of tiny lethal creatures. He also gets up close and personal with nasty parasites, triple-threat lizards and a frisky fish able to weave its way right up into a humans urethra. EPISODE 1 - BRAZIL Join virologist Dr Mike Leahy on his mission to meet the maddest and baddest of Brazils prolific beasties. And find out just how they can make a meal of YOU. From fire ants and invisible worms to vampire bats and the legendary candiru fish, Dr Mike puts his body on the line to reveal what makes human hosts so attractive to these hungry critters. From the back streets of Rio de Janeiro to the forests of the mighty Amazon River, Dr Mike learns how the tiniest and most innocuous looking animals can deliver the deadliest punch. EPISODE 2 - VIETNAM In the heart of South East Asia, Vietnam is home to 90 million people, 10 million scooters and countless bugs and parasites. For audacious virologist Dr Mike Leahy, its a tempting destination providing plenty of opportunities to indulge his passion for small but potentially lethal creatures. Its here that Dr Mike learns the hard way that there is a price to pay for his insatiably inquisitive nature and injuring his pride as he attempts to negotiate packed city streets is the least of his worries. EPISODE 3 - INDIA Home to over a billion people, theres a lot to watch out for if you want to keep your cool in India. Join Virologist Dr Mike Leahy as he travels from the chaotic metropolis of Mumbai to Varanasi - Indias spiritual and cultural heart. With so many people living in such close quarters, India is also home to a vast population of nasty bugs keen to invade or attack the unwaryand the overly inquisitive. From intestinal hitch hikers to a beetle with a specially developed arsenal of chemical weaponry, Mike sees and experiences more than he plans to in one of the worlds largest and most diverse countries. EPISODE 4 - BORNEO Dominated by mountains and lush rainforest, the hot and humid Sabah in the Malaysian region of Borneo is the perfect home for a staggering variety of killer beasties and deadly plant life. From a cute looking mammal that can kill with its armpit sweat to a magnificent mountainside plant that will swallow and digest just about anything, in Borneo, looks are more than deceiving - for the uninformed, they can be deadly. EPISODE 5 - THE OUTBACK Australias Outback is a land of extremes soaring temperatures, vast landscapes and some of the most deadly creatures in the world - an ideal holiday destination for globe-trotting virologist Dr Mike Leahy. Never content to simply read about his specialist topic, Mike prefers to learn first-hand how the most minute of Earths creatures can create major headaches for unsuspecting travelers. From an eight legged murderess to a parasite that turns mans best friend into a killer, if the heat doesnt get you, its quite possible the wildlife will. EPISODE 6 - QUEENSLAND From the dense tropical rainforest to the natural wonder of the Great Barrier Reef, Queensland Australia is an idyllic travel destination. Its also home to an amazing array of beautiful yet deadly creatures. From a nettle on steroids to a killer bird, continent hopping virologist Dr Mike Leahy meets some of the smallest yet most lethal loc
- TitleBite Me! With Dr Mike Leahy
- Product Release Date06/06/2012
- Theatrical Release Year2009
- Number of Discs2
- ActorsDr Mike Leahy
- Rating InfoContains Depictions Of Injury,Medical Procedures
- Run Time352 minutes
- Primary GenreSpecial Interest
- Sub GenreWildlife
- Video FormatPAL
- Tag LineDr Mike Leahy is on a mission to meet the maddest and deadliest creatures on the planet!
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $130.61Trending at AU $181.85
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $43.19
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $72.84Trending at AU $125.18
- AU $48.99Trending at AU $95.52
- AU $15.80Trending at AU $16.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.