Biting Anorexia: A First-Hand Account of an Internal War by Lucy Howard-Taylor (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by expressbooksaustralia
- Est. delivery by 3 Oct
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.74Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by auusa
- Est. delivery by 3 Oct
- AU $6.95+ AU $4.60 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by dazzledayz
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an extraordinary depiction by a young woman of her descent into the tortured existence of arexia and her arduous and remarkable recovery from it. Arexia nervosa is the most fatal of all psychiatric illnesses, and over 90 per cent of eating disorder victims are young women. While arexia is often portrayed in the media as a phase that some young girls obsessed by their appearance go through, the realities of the illness prove that thing could be further from the truth. As Lucy states in her powerful depiction: This isn't about weight, or a diet or a figure. Somewhere along the line I've come to equate fat with failure and weakness. Weight loss is merely symptomatic of the greater psychological problem. Biting Arexia is unique in that much of it was written while the author was in the grips of the condition. Recovery is the hardest, most challenging and most confusing part - and the one least written about. This book tracks her slow progress out of the illness. Lucy says: To challenge an eating disorder, or any mental illness, is to wage a prolonged, painful and devastating war...it is the most confusing and emotionally draining part of the illness. Lucy's poetic, honest and often searing account allows the reader to experience the immediacy of her illness. Her lyrical writing and devastating insights have the power to capture, reveal and skewer simultaneously.
- Author BiographyNow 21 years old, Lucy Howard-Taylor is studying English/Law at Sydney University and is a talented photographer and published poet. In between writing articles for the campus newspaper, she likes to eat cinnamon toast and dream about studying at Oxford.
- Author(s)Lucy Howard-Taylor
- PublisherFinch Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLane Cove
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFinch Publishing
- Weight352 g
- Width153 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $120.58Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.