All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnne Frank wrote her diary. A yawn. Alex Haley wrote about his roots. A soze. The Bible. What a bore! But what do all these have in common? That's obvious. They're t funny and the people they wrote about aren't current. Where's Bieber? Jolie? Beyonce? That's who people want to read about and laugh about. Celebrities! And t written by the celebrities themselves. What do they kw? If they were smart, they wouldn't have become celebrities in the first place. Who really kws their stories? It's the writer! The guy who was there in the trenches, the guy who made them famous in the first place. Actors and actresses didn't write their lines. It was the writer! Who knew these stars before they became egomaniacs? Before they even knew the difference between Calistoga or Evian? The difference between dark chocolate or milk? Who told them what to say and how to say it? Writers, writers, writers! Kenny Solms has seen them all. He wrote and schmoozed with the best of them. Co-creating The Carol Burnett Show in the late 60s, he's written for practically all of them. (However, he has yet to meet Leonardo DiCaprio). Solms wrote their movies, their TV shows...even their spontaneous quotes. From the greats like Jack Benny and George Burns to Willard Scott and downwards. But then back up again. And that's quite a leap. He's the one whose bits Lucille Ball uttered. He got Bill Cosby his laughs. Sure, he made millions doing it and garnered a few Emmys as well, but is he cocky? Not remotely. In this Hollywood tell-all book, he documents his rise from the Emmy award-winning Carol Burnett Show to his doldrums writing for Hugh Hefner's Roller Disco-Rama Plus a Preview of the Playmate of the 80s. From the booms to the boobs. From the genius of Michael Jackson to the hilarity of Joan Rivers, Solms seems to kw everybody. Streisand, Sammy Davis Jr., Neil Diamond. He's written for them all. Even the Muppet, Miss Piggy, who he claims was a bitch. Bits is t a vicious tell-all, but tell all, Kenny does. A funny romp that takes you from Philadelphia to Hollywood. A cruise behind the Hollywood scenes, down the freeways, up the canyons and then some. From variety shows to sitcoms, from big star specials to Broadway, he shares his roller coaster ride from writing tacky one-liners to creating TV classics. And what a ride! Jump in the passenger seat and share it with him.
- Author BiographyKenny Solms is an accomplished comedy writer in both television and theater. He co-created the Carol Burnett Show, wrote and produced many comedy specials with stars including Joan Rivers, Mary Tyler Moore, Lily Tomlin, Bing Crosby, Kelsey Grammer and many more. Sills and Burnett at the Met won him the Peabody Award; Burnett Discovers Domingo, the Montreaux Prize and he also wrote and produced the Emmy Award-winning Neil Diamond special, Hello Again. He wrote Lorelei for Broadway production, Perfectly Frank and What the World Needs Now,and off-Broadway, the successful play It Must be Him. Bits is also available as a spoken word comedy album through iTunes and Amazon. Actress, comedian, singer, and writer, Carol Burnett is best known for her long-running TV variety show, The Carol Burnett Show (co-created and written by Kenny Solms), for CBS. She has achieved success on stage, television, and film in varying genres including dramatic and comedy roles. During and after her variety show, Burnett appeared in many television and film projects. Her film roles include Pete 'n' Tillie, The Four Seasons, Annie, Noises Off, and Horton Hears a Who!. On television, she has appeared in other sketch shows; in dramatic roles in 6 Rms Riv Vu, and Friendly Fire; in various well-regarded guest roles, such as in Mad About You, for which she won an Emmy Award; and in specials with Julie Andrews, Dolly Parton, Beverly Sills, and others. She was also on Broadway in 1995 in Moon Over Buffalo, for which she was nominated for a Tony Award.
- Author(s)Kenny Solms
- PublisherEaston Studio Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEaston Studio Press
- Content Note25 B&W photos
- Weight385 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.