Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.42
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe last time Silas Ali encountered the Lieutenant, Silas was locked in the back of a police van and the Lieutenant was conducting a vicious assault on Lydia, his wife.When Silas sees him again, by chance, twenty years later, crimes from the past erupt into the present, splintering the Ali's fragile family life. Bitter Fruitis the story of Silas and Lydia, their parents, friends and colleagues, as their lives take off in unexpected directions and relationships fracture under the weight of history.It is also the story of their son Mickey, a student and sexual adventurer, with an enquiring mind and a strong will.An unforgettably fine vel about a brittle family in a dysfunctional society.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1948 Achmat Dangor grew up in a mixed race township called Newclare.He devoted much of his life to politics, including heading up the Kasigo Trust, which, when created, was the largest black-led foundation in the country. Since laying down his duties as Director of the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund, Dangor is giving his full attention to his writing.His publications include Waiting for Leila (1981), and Kafka's Curse (1997).
- PrizesShortlisted for Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2004.
- Author(s)Achmat Dangor
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication02/09/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight270 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.