Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.41Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 18th Century a movement arose that believed that human problems could all be solved by the exercise of science and reason. This has led to ermous benefits for humankind. However, two malignant forces are threatening this advance. The first is composed of romantic intellectual and political movements-in particular fascism and communism-that arose out of the writings of philosophers and other intelligentsia in the 19th Century. The second is the epidemic of nihilism sweeping the world today. This book examines the roots of these threats to Civilization.
- Author BiographyDr.Smythies is a distinguished neurologist and neuroscientist. He has played a leading role in developing our understanding of schizophrenia and various fields of brain chemistry. He has also contributed significantly to neurophilosophy. He has published 12 books and over 200 scientific papers in these fields. Dr. Smythies has served as the President of the International Society of Psychneuroendinocrinology, as a Consultant to the World Health Organization and as Editor of the International Review of Neurobiology from 1956 to 1988. He is currently a Research Scientist at UCSD and a Senior Research Fellow at the Institute of Neurology, University of London. He has received numerous honors and award during his career. DR. Smythies is also a poet and has published a volume of his verses called Poems from the Edge of Time.
- Author(s)John Smythies
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication22/02/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.