All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBitter Witness is an intensive, factual study of Otto Dix's war-related art. It is the first book to place Dix's etching cycle, Der Krieg, alongside numerous paintings and drawings in the perspective of his war experience on two fronts from mid-1915 to 1918's finale. It includes a full history of the war, the Weimar Republic's socio-political upheavals, and the Nazi years, following Dix and his colleagues, including Kaethe Kollwitz, through the artistic movements and events in the first half of Germany's most turbulent century.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Linda F. McGreevy, Associate Professor of Art History and Criticism at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, is a member of the International Association of Art Critics and has written extensively on contemporary art and German artists, including her earlier biography of Otto Dix.
- Author(s)Linda F. McGreevy
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2003
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleGerman Life & Civilization
- Series Part/Volume Number27
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight680 g
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.