All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday's film industry is a legal and financial obstacle course that independent film-makers must learn to master. the most comprehensive guide to negotiating that obstacle course is 'The Biz', a highly accessible overview of the industry's important business, legal and financial aspects. Filled with industry-savvy advice, it clearly explains: Raising financing; Business structuring securities laws; Budgeting essentials dealing with the guilds loans; Completion guarantees distribution deals calculating net profits; In-industry accounting practices and contingent payments; Copyright, publicity, and trademark laws; Screen credits and talent demands; Litigation problems; Bankruptcy; Taxation of film companies; Internet distribution of films; Film-industry business jargon ...and much more. The book also includes a dozen useful sample forms and agreements. This 4th Edition comprehensively updates all chapters.
- Author(s)Schuyler M. Moore
- PublisherSilman-James Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/02/2011
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSilman-James Press,U.S.
- Weight568 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.