All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides the first musicologically-informed account of Icelandic singer-songwriter Bjork's work to date. Bjork is internationally recognised for her unique and invative musical style, and her collaborative working relationship with artists, musicians and engineers. Her work crosses the boundaries between club and dance culture and 'high art', and has won numerous awards, including an award for Best Actress (Cannes Film Festival) for her role in the film Dancer the Dark , for which she also wrote and scored the music.This book presents an analysis of audio and video tracks, live performances and recorded sound, looked at through the interviews, videos, critical reception, and fanzines that surround the music. Reference is made to the whole of her career, but the focus is on her solo career from Debut onwards. The analysis reveals recurrent cultural themes brought into focus by her music: landscape and identity, the relationship between humans and techlogy, song as a vehicle for emotional expression, and female automy.There are additional chapters on her compositional process, to include newly gathered interview material, and on the critical-musicological approach adopted in this book.
- Author BiographyNicola Dibben is Senior Lecturer in music at the University of Sheffield. She has published on textual analysis of popular music, gender and identity, critical and cultural theory, emotional responses to music and music perception and is co-author of the forthcoming book Music, Mind and Everyday Life.
- Author(s)Nicola Dibben
- PublisherEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2009
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleIcons of Pop Music
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Content Note27 b&w photos and musical examples
- Weight272 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.