All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the late 1960s on, there has been one highly profitable movie genre that has received little or critical attention or documentation--black action pictures. These are very popular, slam-bang, heavy-duty, ethnic action feature films like Beverly Hills Cop, Blacula, Cleopatra Jones, Foxy Brown, Greased Lightning, Shaft, and Superfly. Here the genre is given its due in this comprehensive compilation of four filmmaking decades. For each of the 235 films, there are detailed filmographic data and full cast and credits listings, plus an essay interweaving a sypsis, contemporary critical quotes, production information, and an analysis of the film and its stars.
- Author Biography<strong>James Robert Parish</strong> has written more than 100 books on the entertainment industry. He lives in Studio City, California. <br><br><strong>George H. Hill</strong>, author of numerous books, is a historian of black involvement.
- Author(s)George H. Hill,James Robert Parish
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.