All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlack Beauty's story improved the lives of horses all over the world. Seen through his own eyes, young horse lovers will be swept up in his incredible journey from a peaceful paddock to the streets of London. No matter what he encounters, thing can break Black Beauty's spirit.
- Author BiographyAnna Sewell (Author) Anna Sewell was born in 1820 and lived with her family in Norfolk and then in a village on the outskirts of London. At the age of fourteen Anna injured her ankles in a fall, and was severely disabled for the rest of her life. She had to travel everywhere in horse-drawn carriages, and so Anna was always concerned with the treatment of the animals she so relied upon. She wrote Black Beauty in order to convince a wide audience of the importance of the humane treatment of animals. It is her only novel, and Anna Sewell died shortly after it's publication, little guessing how well-known and widely loved her story would become.Ruth Brown (Illustrator) Ruth Brown is the creator of some of Britain's best loved children's books. She has created a great many picture books for Andersen Press and is highly respected as an author and illustrator. She is married to artist Ken Brown and they have two grown-up sons and one grandchild.
- Author(s)Anna Sewell
- PublisherAndersen Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/09/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndersen Press Ltd
- Weight380 g
- Width235 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ruth Brown
- Interest AgeTo 5
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $6.95Trending at AU $12.46
- AU $7.66Trending at AU $12.41
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.34
- AU $10.83Trending at AU $12.74
- AU $7.74Trending at AU $11.94
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $12.97
- AU $10.99Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.