All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionMy name is Sal Convento. I was born in Manila, Philippines, the youngest of thirteen children. I came to the United States at the age of eight and began my Martial Arts training at age 13. Currently, I am a Fourth Degree Master Instructor in World Tang Soo Do and Fourth Degree Black Belt in Karate Do. I am a two-time World Champion in the art of World Tang Soo Do. I am owner and Chief Instructor of the United States Karate Academy in San Diego, California. I graduated from the United States Naval Academy and served ten and a half years as a Surface Warfare Officer and Naval Aviator. I have a Master's degree in Executive Leadership from the University of San Diego. This is my personal story of how the Martial Arts became the foundation of my successes. It is based on more than 28 years of Martial Arts experience teaching children and adults. I offer my insights and opinions based on my successes, challenges, and failures of how Martial Arts have greatly impacted my life. My hope is that it will do the same for you. I want you the reader to kw you can achieve a Black Belt! The experience will change your life. I present 13 character-building weapons to help you earn your Black Belt but more importantly, to help you become a champion in life. I share with you the many benefits of a Martial Arts education and training with the hopes that you will one day achieve the rank of Black Belt. I guarantee with 100 percent certainty that with a Black Belt, you will be more disciplined, have greater confidence in yourself, and be better equipped to persevere through life's challenges. Earning a Black Belt helps us as individuals to truly be our best. And, when you are at your best, you become a more productive member of our society. It is my bold vision that all students in America will achieve a Black Belt by the time they graduate high school. I believe this will greatly impact our society.
- Author BiographySal Convento, MSEL Mr. Convento is a Two-Time World Champion. A graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, he served in the U.S. Navy for 10.5 years as a Surface Warfare Officer and Naval Aviator. He holds a Master's of Science Degree in Executive Leadership from the University of San Diego. A practitioner of the Martial Arts for over 28 years, he earned a Fourth Degree Master Instructor in World Tang Soo Do and a Fourth Degree Black Belt in Karate Do. He is owner and Chief Instructor of U.S. Karate Academy in San Diego, California. He lives in San Diego, California with his beautiful wife, Kristin.
- Author(s)MR Sal Convento
- Date of Publication21/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.