All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.64Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays provides an imaginative international perspective on ways to incorporate black British writing and culture in the study of English literature, and presents theoretically sophisticated and practical strategies for doing so. It offers a pedagogical, pragmatic and ideological introduction to the field for those without background, and an integrated body of current and stimulating essays for those who are already kwledgeable. Contributors to this volume include scholars and writers from Britain and the U.S. Following on recent developments in African American literature, postcolonial studies and race studies, the contributors invite readers to imagine an enhanced and inclusive British can through varied essays providing historical information, critical analysis, cultural perspective, and extensive antated bibliographies for further study.
- Author BiographyLAURI RAMEY is Director of the Center for Contemporary Poetry and Poetics, and Associate Professor of African American Literature and Culture and Creative Writing, at California State University, Los Angeles, USA. VICTORIA ARANA is Professor of English at Howard University, Washington DC, USA.
- Author(s)Lauri Ramey
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/05/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2004
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byR. Victoria Arana
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.