Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
About this product
- DescriptionBlack Caviar is the most recognisable sports star in the country. When she races it is front-page news. With the perfect record of 25 wins, her place in the history books is already internationally assured. With a devoted army of salmon-and-black-spotted fans, leading trainer Peter Moody's mare is a product of her time. She has her own blog, Facebook page and Twitter account. And with Gerard Whateley's account of her deeds and effect on racing and society more broadly, she has a best-selling biography. She has captured the heart of a nation like sporting figure since the days of Phar Lap and Don Bradman. this is greatness the likes of which is rarely seen. this is a tale that will t weary. Written by acclaimed journalist and broadcaster Gerard Whateley, with a foreword by Peter Moody, BLACK CAVIAR documents the career of the racehorse who transcended the track to become an Australian icon. It begins with the entrancing story of champion trainer Peter Moody, a self-made man bred in the remote outback of Queensland, who came to select and guide the fastest horse the world had ever seen. Under Moody's patient and masterful guidance, the hulking injury-prone filly matured into a champion, idolized by a devoted following more akin to a rock band than a racehorse. Her gift is to defy the very nature of sport, making victory look both certain and effortless. But would her customary speed be eugh to prevail at the most famous race track of all? At the climax of the tale, half a world away from her devoted nation and in front of the Queen, Black Caviar set out to conquer the world. With her invincible run and marauding dominance, Black Caviar has returned racing to the glory days of more than half a century past and secured a reputation that will echo for as long as horses are sent out to race. With the perfect record of 25 wins, Black Caviar's place in the history books is already internationally assured. With a devoted army of salmon-and-black-spotted fans, leading trainer Peter Moody's mare is a product of her time. She has her own blog, Facebook page and twitter account. And with Gerard Whateley's account of her deeds and effect on racing and society more broadly, she has a best-selling biography.
- Author(s)G Whateley
- PublisherDogwise Publishing
- Date of Publication02/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintDogwise Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width150 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.