All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYou don't need to be an expert to assess your house's codes - you just need this guide. What is the proper clearance for an egress window? Does flexible duct have to be supported every four feet or five? Can vent pipe terminations be located near operable doors and windows? The difference between a code-compliant fixture and an egregious violation is often smaller than you think. You may have friends, family, or neighbors who claim to kw, but how can you be sure? Is it worth taking their advice against future violations, fees, and fixes? The completely updated Codes for Homeowners is here to help. Written by International Residential Codes-certified home inspector Bruce Barker, this third edition of Codes for Homeowners is current with most national codes in force for the period of 2015 through 2017. Based on his decades of experience, Inspector Bruce Barker has winwed down the massive heap of codes in force to only those that a single-family homeowner is likely to encounter. Building codes, electrical codes, plumbing codes, and mechanical (HVAC) codes are shown and described in everyday, easy-to-understand language. This third edition includes all of the great information in the first version but is updated to reflect any changes to codes, including the 2014 National Electrical Code, the 2015 Universal Plumbing Code, and the 2015 International Residential Code.
- Author BiographyBRUCE A. BARKER is president of Dream Home Consultants, LLC., a Cary, North Carolina-based building inspection and consulting firm. He has built or inspected more than 2,000 homes during his 23 years in the construction and building inspection industries. Bruce is a Residential Combination Inspector, a licensed contractor, a certified building energy performance analyst, and a certified infrared thermographer.
- Author(s)Bruce A. Barker
- PublisherCool Springs Press
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCool Springs Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight939 g
- Width210 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementUpdated ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.