All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionTo tell a story well, you have to live a story well -- with courage, persistence, and faith that everything's going to turn out all right. Black-Eyed Peas for the Soul is a collection of stories that reveals universal themes, as well as the unique perspectives of African Americans. The first collection of its kind, Black-Eyed Peas for the Soul boldly dispels the myth of a homogeneous Black culture. Diverse voices -- including those of Zora Neale Hurston, Dawn Turner Trice, and Frederick Douglass -- tell our stories of beginnings, wisdom, patience, hard work, excellence, joy, and miracles. Stories about love, healing, and atonement are told with insight, humor, and gritty honesty. Arising from these distinct voices is the call for hope. Enjoy these stories and let them guide your soul to a place where you can find solace and draw urishment, a place that can warm and soothe you, like a bowl of black-eyed peas.
- Author BiographyDonna Marie Williams, author of Sister Feelgood, is a freelance writer and editor. She lectures throughout the country and lives with her two children in Chicago.
- Author(s)Donna Marie Williams
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/11/1997
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFireside Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width139 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.