All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a story based on the childhood memories of one girl who struggles with her identity and purpose in a large New Orleans family. Though rich in heritage, the family falls on hard times, relying heavily on financial assistance from other family members. The girl's parents are deficient in meeting the needs of their children, so she seeks comfort and nurturing from her extended family.
- Author BiographyFran Gervais was born and reared in New Orleans, spending most of her summers on the Mississippi Gulf Coast at the family beach house. She has made her home in Pearl River, Louisiana since Hurricane Katrina. Fran is employed as a medical transcriptionist by Slidell Memorial Hospital located about 25 miles from downtown New Orleans. An avid animal advocate, she spends a great deal of her time in the surrounding community rescuing cats and finding them homes through adoption. Her daughters, Tracy and Nancy, and son Paul all reside north of Lake Pontchartrain in St. Tammany Parish and the Baton Rouge area. Her multiple family members are frequent visitors to the nearby Mississippi Gulf Coast.
- Author(s)Fran Gervais
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Illustrator(s)Barbara Manix
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.