All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionAt the age of thirty-three, Ekow Eshun--born in London to African-born parents--travels to Ghana in search of his roots. He goes from Accra, Ghana's cosmopolitan capital city, to the storied slave forts of Elmina, and on to the historic warrior kingdom of Asante. During his journey, Eshun uncovers a long-held secret about his lineage that will compel him to question everything he kws about himself and where he comes from. From the London suburbs of his childhood to the twenty-first century African metropolis, Eshun's is a moving chronicle of one man's search for home, and of the pleasures and pitfalls of fashioning an identity in these vibrant contemporary worlds.
- Author BiographyEkow Eshun is a former editor of the British men's magazine Arena and is now artistic director of the Institute of Contemporary Arts in London, where he lives. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Ekow Eshun
- PublisherVintage Books USA
- Date of Publication10/07/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books USA
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chris Ofili
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.