All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe acclaimed #1 New York Times and internationally bestselling horror vel from the undisputed King of Horror, Stephen King's Black House is w reprinted for a modern-day audience. Twenty years ago, a boy named Jack Sawyer traveled to a parallel universe called the Territories to save his mother and her Territories Twinner from an agonizing death that would have brought cataclysm to the other world. Now Jack is a retired Los Angeles homicide detective living in the nearly nexistent hamlet of Tamarack, Wisconsin. He has recollection of his adventures in the Territories, and was compelled to leave the police force when an odd, happenstance event threatened to awaken those memories. When a series of gruesome murders occur in western Wisconsin that are reminiscent of those committed several decades ago by a madman named Albert Fish, the killer is dubbed the Fishman, and Jack's buddy, the local chief of police, begs Jack to help the inexperienced force find him. But are these new killings merely the work of a disturbed individual, or has a mysterious and malignant force been unleashed in this quiet town? What causes Jack's inexplicable waking dreams--if that is what they are--of robins' eggs and red feathers? It's almost as if someone is trying to tell him something. As this cryptic message becomes increasingly impossible to igre, Jack is drawn back to the Territories and to his own hidden past, where he may find the soul-strength to enter a terrifying house at the end of a deserted tract of forest, there to encounter the obscene and ferocious evils sheltered within it.
- Author BiographyStephen King is the author of more than fifty books, all of them worldwide bestsellers. He lives in Bangor, Maine, with his wife, novelist Tabitha King. Peter Straub is the New York Times bestselling author of more than a dozen novels. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Peter Straub,Stephen King
- PublisherPocket Books
- Date of Publication27/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPocket Books
- Weight485 g
- Width114 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $30.69
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.22
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $18.21Trending at AU $22.04
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.00
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.67
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.