CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- Description'There is a boldness to Simone's writing, the fierceness and fearlessness of complete honesty that pushes into places that simply take the breath away.' The Telegraph A young marine returns from Iraq, blinded and scarred by a roadside bomb and harbouring a terrible secret. Called Black Jesus by his fellow soldiers on account of his name being Lionel White and his birthday being Christmas Day, he has returned to his decaying home town to sit in the back of his mother's junkshop, pop Oxycontin and try to forget what he's seen. Into his life one day rides Gloria, a mysterious young dancer fleeing darkness and violence of a different kind. Part love story, part protest at the broken promises lying at the heart of the American Dream, Black Jesus is a passionate, twisted hymn to the marginalised and forgotten.
- Author BiographySimone Felice is a celebrated songwriter and poet. He is a founding member of internationally acclaimed acts The Felice Brothers and The Duke & The King. In 2010 he was awarded Italy's Premio Ciampi award for Best Foreign Songwriter. Simone lives in the Catskill Mountains, New York, USA. Black Jesus is his first novel. Please visit SimoneFelice.com.
- Author(s)Simone Felice
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight188 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.