All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionBlack Lenses, Black Voices is a provocative look at films directed and written-and sometimes produced-by African Americans, as well as black-oriented films whose directors and or screenwriters are t black. Taking us through the development of African American independent filmmaking before and after World War II, Mark A. Reid then illustrates the unique nature of African American family, action, horror, female-centered, and independent films, such as Eve's Bayou, Jungle Fever, Shaft, Souls of Sin, Bones, Waiting to Exhale, Monster's Ball, Sankofa, and many more.
- Author BiographyMark A. Reid is professor of English and film at the University of Florida at Gainesville, where he teaches African Diasporic studies.
- Author(s)Mark A. Reid
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication17/03/2005
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleGenre and Beyond: A Film Studies Series
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width151 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.