All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrett Murray's painting 'The Spear' is going to look tame when compared to Black man's medicine. The title of the book comes from the African adage that says: 'The Black Man's Medicine is a White man.' It implies that black people won't do anything right, unless there is a white man around, or that black people won't be satisfied with anything unless it has been done by a white man. Black man's medicine is about ecomic freedom. It introduces the idea that SEE (self-ecomic empowerment) is the new BEE. Most importantly, it insists that apartheid was a terrible and unfortunate part of our shared history but should longer define our present challenges and myriad opportunities for success. In essence this book is about moving from mud and dust, through the boardroom and on to a new Africa, where people work hard and life is decent. This is the third book written by Muzi Kuzwayo and it follows the roaring successes of Marketing Through Mud and Dust and There's a Tsotsi in the Boardroom. It is a fun, easy read that will challenge the way we all think about our roles in South Africa today.
- Author BiographyMuzi Kuzwayo is the former CEO of TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris, a leading advertising agency and non-executive director of Spur Holdings and chairman of Project Literacy, an organisation dedicated to promoting literacy in South Africa. Muzi was also a director and shareholder of King James, an advertising agency, as well as a director of the Association of Communication Agencies, an industry body that represents advertising and communication agencies. Muzi is a visiting professor at UCT's Graduate School of Business and author of the best-selling books Marketing Through Mud and Dust and There's a Tsotsi in the Boardroom, and was a columnist for the newspapers The Saturday Star and The Argus, commenting on advertising and marketing. Six years ago he bought two Pick n Pay Franchise stores which he ran personally giving him a complete understanding of building brands right through to retail. He also has extensive knowledge of the South African work force and the ability to align the interests of workers with those of shareholders.
- Author(s)Muzi Kuzwayo
- PublisherJacana Media (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintJacana Media
- Weight1000 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.