All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.42Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
About this product
- DescriptionExamining early African American literature from the perspective of a Black Nationalist literary critic, this analysis explores important vels from the 19th and 20th centuries. The discussion demonstrates that Black Nationalist themes were present in many early vels, prefiguring the themes that would become the centrepiece of the Black Power Movement. One of the few books that examines early African American vels, this definitive exploration of them adds to the discussion of black literature and literary criticism.
- Author BiographyAdenike Marie Davidson is an associate professor of English at Fisk University-Nashville. She lives in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Adenike Marie Davidson
- PublisherThird World Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication14/05/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThird World Press,U.S.
- Weight322 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.