All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis book maintains that South Africa, despite the official end of apartheid in 1994, remains steeped in the interstices of coloniality. The author looks at the Black Nationalist thought in South Africa and its genealogy. Colonial modernity and coloniality of power and their equally sinister accessories, war, murder, rape and gecide have had a lasting impact onto those unfortunate eugh to receive such ghastly visitations. Tafira explores a range of topics including youth political movement, the social construction of blackness in Azania, and conceptualizations from the Black Liberation Movement.
- Author BiographyKenneth Tafira is Postdoctoral Fellow at Archie Mafeje Research Institute, University of South Africa. He holds a doctoral degree in Anthropology from the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa.
- Author(s)Hashi Kenneth Tafira
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/05/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleAfrican Histories and Modernities
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight632 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.