All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionBlack Power studies have been dominated by the North American story, but after decades of scholarly neglect, the growth of New Black Power Studies has revitalized the field. Central to the current agenda are a critique of the narrow domestic lens through which U.S. Black Power has been viewed and a call for greater attention to international and transnational dimensions of the movement. Black Power in the Caribbean highlights the unique origins and causes of Black Power mobilization in the Caribbean and its relationship to Black Power in the United States, ultimately situation the historical roots and modern legacies of the movement in a wider, international context.
- Author BiographyKate Quinn, lecturer in Caribbean history at the Institute of the Americas at University College London, UK is the coeditor of Politics and Power in Haiti.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byKate Quinn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.