All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlack Theater Is Black Life fills a critical gap in the history of African American culture in Chicago. Through interviews with prominent producers, directors, choreographers, designers, dancers, and actors, Young and Zabriskie create a portrait of a diverse, dynamic artistic community between 1970 and 2010. They frame this history with helpful guides, including a chrology of key events, a glossary of names, and an appendix of leading performing arts institutions in Chicago.
- Author BiographyHarvey Young is an associate professor of theater at Northwestern University, USA. Queen Meccasia Zabriskie is an assistant professor of sociology at New College of Florida, USA.
- Author(s)Harvey Young,Queen Meccasia Zabriskie
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.