All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClara Brodeur has spent her entire adult life pulling herself away from her famous mother, the rewned and controversial photographer Ruth Dunne, whose towering reputation rests on the unsettling nude portraits she took of her young daughter. At age eighteen, sick of her toriety as the girl in the pictures, Clara fled New York City, settling and making her own family in small-town Maine. But years later, when Ruth reaches out from her deathbed, Clara suddenly finds herself drawn back to the past she thought she had escaped. From the beloved author of <i>Family History </i>and <i>Slow Motion</i>, a spellbinding vel that asks: How do we forgive those who failed to protect us?
- Author Biography<b>Dani Shapiro</b> is the author of four acclaimed novels, <i>Family History, Playing with Fire, Fugitive Blue, </i>and <i>Picturing the Wreck, </i>and the best-selling memoir <i>Slow Motion</i>. She teaches in the graduate writing program at The New School, and has written for <i>TheNew York Times, Granta, Elle, </i>and <i>Ploughshares</i>, among other magazines. She lives with her husband and son in Litchfield County, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Dani Shapiro
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Weight200 g
- Width132 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.