All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis revised edition is an anthology of 10 African American sportswriters who covered baseball's Negro Leagues in the first part of the 20th century. The writers include Sam Lacy, Wendell Smith, Frank A. Young, Joe Bostic, Chester L. Washington, W. Rollo Wilson, Dan Burley, Ed Harris, A.S. Doc Young and Romeo Dougherty. The men represented here were pioneers in their own right. Writing for black weekly newspapers, they faced the same conditions as the leagues' players, from discrimination to endless travel. Yet, it was through their writings that the public, both black and white were given an up-close, inside look at the day-to-day happenings of Negro League baseball.
- Author BiographyJim Reisler has written books covering such topics as baseball, the deaf, and sportswriters. He lives in Irvington, New York.
- Author(s)Jim Reisler
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2007
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotographs, index
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.34
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.