Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow that you've bought that amazing new DSLR, you need a book that goes beyond the camera manual to capture stunning images. For digital photographers interested in black and white, this guide will help beginning- and intermediate-level shooters conquer the fundamentals and take amazing shots. Pro photographer John Batdorff starts with the basics, including composition, light, contrast, exposure, and when to choose black and white. He covers all the key camera features (regardless of what type of DSLR you have) that affect your image, including the shutter speed's ability to freeze and convey motion, and the aperture's direct correlation with depth of field. Once you've captured those great shots, John takes you step by step through the color conversion process to black and white in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom using simple presets. He also covers the enhancements and features that can be added using Nik Silver Efex Pro software-from presets to control points using U-Point Techlogy. Follow along with your friendly and kwledgeable guide and you will: * Learn to see in black and white by understanding contrast, texture, and lighting * Understand all the best tricks and techniques for getting great black and white action shots, landscapes, and portraits * Create your own digital workflow by understanding the basics of post processing in Lightroom, then go beyond the basics with Nik Silver Efex Pro * Share your images and learn tips on printing and presenting your work online And once you've got the shot, show it off! Join the book's Flickr group, share your photos, and discuss how you use your camera to get great black and white shots at flickr.com/groups/blackandwhite fromsnapshotstogreatshots.
- Author BiographyJohn Batdorff is an award-winning landscape and travel photographer who splits his time between Chicago and Montana. He is the author of Nikon D7000: From Snapshots to Great Shots and a coauthor of Composition: From Snapshots to Great Shots. His black and white images have been featured in the National Museum of Wildlife Art in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. He also leads black and white workshops and mentors other aspiring photographers. John loves the outdoors and traveling, and sharing his images with others. See his work and read his popular photography blog at batdorffphotography.com.
- Author(s)John Batdorff
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication20/07/2011
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachpit Press Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width193 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.