All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionIt was a vel experiment as baseball's leading men formed the National Association, bringing order to the hodgepodge of professional and amateur clubs that made up the sport from the end of the Civil War through 1870. It was an imperfect beginning to organized professional sports in America-the league was plagued by gambling, contract jumping and rumors of dishonest play-but it laid groundwork for the multibillion dollar enterprises of the 21st century. Like most sporting endeavors, it was entertaining, with the best players in the world displaying their talents throughout the rtheastern and mid-western United States and, in 1874, during a ground-breaking journey to England. In its second edition, this book covers all the action-both on and off the field-of the NA's early years, providing the definitive history of the first professional sports league in the U.S.
- Author BiographyWilliam J. Ryczek is a finance professional in Wallingford, Connecticut, USA who writes about early baseball, football, the Yankees, and the Mets.
- Author(s)William J. Ryczek
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note20 photographs
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.