Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBlackrock is well kwn as an affluent and well-loved suburb of Dublin, situated on the picturesque east coast of the city. It was once an independent township, complete with Town Hall, and boasted a thriving hosiery industry, teacher training college, in addition to numerous schools, churches of all deminations, convents, hospitals, orphanages, and local shops. The spacious houses and villas catered for the professional classes who commuted to Dublin city centre by train and tram. Blackrock never fully achieved the status of a seaside resort, but still boasted outdoor swimming baths, and the banks of the railway track afforded sunbathing perches for our pale-faced city dwellers. And, of course, there was always rugby. Nowadays, Blackrock is a bustling and vibrant suburb with every modern amenity and, in this book, author Joe Curtis explores the rich history that has shaped it over time.
- Author BiographyJoe Curtis is the author of several highly successful books in this series, including Mount Merrion and Harold's Cross.
- Author(s)Joe Curtis
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note128 black & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.