All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of the Blackstone's Guide to the Anti-Terrorism Legislation provides expert explanation of the key anti-terrorism legislation. It offers comprehensive guidance on the effects, extent, and scope of the legislation, along with key extracts from the legislation, including the Terrorism Act 2000, Anti-Terrorism, Crime and Security Act 2001, Terrorism Act 2006, the Justice and Security (Northern Ireland) Act 2007, the Counter-Terrorism Act 2008, the Terrorist Asset-Freezing etc. Act 2010, and the Terrorism Prevention and Investigations Measures Act 2011 . The book is clearly organized with separate chapters on counter-terrorist powers, terrorist investigation, terrorist offences and special criminal processes. It highlights important case-law relating to the jurisprudence of human rights. It further explores public perceptions of counter-terrorism measures, desistence from terrorism, and the developing issue of terrorism and the internet. Statistical data is given in all chapters, and there is also analysis and critique of official documents and the reviews from Parliament and the Independent Reviewers of Terrorism Legislation. The Blackstone's Guide Series delivers concise and accessible books covering the latest legislative changes and amendments. They offer expert commentary by leading names on the effects, extent and scope of the legislation, plus a full copy of the Act itself. They provide a cost-effective solution to key information needs and are the perfect companion for any practitioner needing to get up to speed with the latest changes.
- Author BiographyProfessor Clive Walker is Professor of Criminal Justice Studies at the School of Law at the University of Leeds. He is the author of many books and papers on terrorism and has been a visiting professor at George Washington, Melbourne, New South Wales, and Stanford University. He has also been called upon to provide advice to other UK and overseas Parliamentary committees on terrorism and is currently Special Adviser to the UK Government's Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation.
- Author(s)Professor Clive Walker
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleBlackstone's Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight982 g
- Width157 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.