All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionBlackstone's Police Investigators' Manual and Workbook 2016 are the only official study guides for the National Investigators' Exam (NIE), which is taken as part of Phase 1 of the Initial Crime Investigators' Development Programme. It is the most comprehensive and effective package for studying for the NIE, providing the complete 2016 syllabus and practical exercises and multiple-choice questions to test your kwledge. Based on the bestselling Blackstone's Police Manuals, Blackstone's Police Investigators' Manual 2016 provides all the legal information which is relevant to your role as a trainee investigator and is applicable to all NIE exams taken in 2016. Covering all key legislation in the areas of Evidence, Property Offences, Assaults, Drugs, Firearms & Gun Crime, and Sexual Offences, it also features the relevant PACE Codes of Practice, with chapters incorporating the relevant Code with Keytes offering practical advice and examples, as well as chapters covering the Immigration Act 1971 and the Customs & Excise Management Act 1979 for investigators within immigration, customs, and the National Crime Agency. Blackstone's Police Investigators' Workbook 2016 has 23 chapters, offering you an opportunity to gauge your revision progress through multiple-choice questions at each chapter opening, followed by a refresher section on complex parts of the syllabus with exercises and flowcharts, and recall questions at the conclusion to reinforce learning. Useful cross references point back to the Manual in the answer sections. Now in its seventeenth edition, both the Manual and Workbook contain the latest legislation and case law relevant to the 2016 NIE, including the Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015, the Serious Crime Act 2015, the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, the Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Act 2014, the Criminal Procedure Rules 2015, and revisions to PACE Codes A, C, and H.
- Author BiographyPaul Connor Cert Ed LLB is a Police Training Consultant, teaching law to over 3000 NIE candidates since 2002. He is the author of the Blackstone's Crime Manual and the Consultant Editor for the Blackstone's Police Manuals. He is the co-author of Blackstone's Police Investigators' Manual, Blackstone's Police Investigators' Workbook and is the author of the Blackstone's Sergeants' and Inspectors' Mock Examination Paper. Glenn Hutton BA, MPhil, FCIPD is a Director of Psychometric Technology Limited which designs and publishes psychological tests and provides selection and assessment services. Formerly a Superintendent in North Yorkshire Police, he also worked as Head of NPT Examinations and Assessment, Head of Training in North Yorkshire and as both Course Director and Director of Studies at the Police Staff College, Bramshill. David Johnston LLB, LLM is a barrister and Chief Superintendent in the Metropolitan Police Service. Formerly a member of the NPT Examinations and Assessment team, he previously worked as a legal researcher for the Home Office in Harrogate. Gavin McKinnon LLB LLM MSt MCIPR FCMI is the Head of Corporate Communications for Kent Police. Formerly a Chief Superintendent, he served with the National Policing Improvement Agency, and the RUC/PSNI. He also worked as Deputy Director of Police Reform at the Home Office, and was Head of Crime & Justice for the think-tank Policy Exchange. Dave Pinfield is Police Training Consultant. Prior to this, he served as a Detective Sergeant with West Midlands Police. He is a qualified police trainer/assessor, with five years' experience of training the ICIDP, and an experienced multiple choice question writer. He is also the author of Blackstone's Investigators' Mock Examination Paper.
- Author(s)David Johnston,David Pinfield,Gavin McKinnon,Glenn Hutton,Paul Connor
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date26/11/2016
- Weight2429 g
- Width209 mm
- Height291 mm
- Spine52 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.