All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
About this product
- DescriptionBladesmithing with Murray Carter provides the reader with an in-depth look into traditional Japanese Cutlery forging techniques and their modern applications. A n-stop flow of inquiries to Murray has prompted him to reveal the secret techniques learned during 18 years in Japan, where he lived and worked as a village bladesmith. He w shares this wealth of information for the benefit of the curious reader and Japanese knife enthusiast alike. Owners of nearly 15,000 of Murray's knives will be delighted to see a comprehensive book written by the knives' creator. Features: *250+ dazzling, full-color images, including many by rewned photographer Hiro Soga. * Unique and extremely rare insight into the Japanese culture through the (blue) eyes of a Japanese village bladesmith. * Detailed explanations of Traditional Japanese Bladesmithing techniques that until w have been cloaked in mystery and myth. * Eugh detailed information to guide an aspiring bladesmith to become a successful smith in the Japanese style of blade making.
- Author BiographyMurray Carter is one of the most popular custom knifemakers at the annual BLADE Show, regularly conducts wildly popular seminars on shaving with a machete, and is known for standing at his booth sharpening knives while teaching the techniques to interested attendees. Carter lives in Vernonia, Oregon.
- Author(s)Murray Carter
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/10/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKrause Publications
- Content Note250+ colour illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width210 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.