All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.49Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe idea for this Handbook dates back more than a dozen years, to the time when I was commissioned by The Mason and Dixon Lines to develop a handbook that would be useful both to their own people and to their shippers in understanding and applying the basic principles of the then-emerging management science of physical distribution management. Then as w, there were several excellent textbooks in the field. But they were written primarily for classroom use, for persons who would be entering careers in the field at a later date. And there was virtually thing for the working manager or manager-to-be. Thus we saw the need for a hands-on, practically-oriented guide to physical distribution management, written mainly in n-academic language and supplement- ing rather than duplicating the excellent existing coverage of inventory theory, queueing and,other textbook subjects. Bear in mind that the times were quite different, back then. The Na- tional Council of Physical Distribution Management (NCPDM) had been in existence barely two years, and had fewer than 200 members. Indeed, there were probably t 100 persons in the country who had the title Distribution Manager after their names. Today, of course, the NCPDM has over 2,000 members and the distribution manager title is widely used and recognized. In fact, many who hold the title today were recipients of the original Mason and Dixon materials back then, and quite often car- ried the time-hored title of Traffic Manager.
- Author(s)Warren Blanding
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1606 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.