All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHe was 'THE WICKEDEST MAN ALIVE'. He went to Oxford University at the age of 12 He slept with his first prostitute at 13 He was an alcoholic by 14 He was imprisoned in the Tower at 18 He was acclaimed a war hero at 19 He died of syphilis at the age of 33 He was English history's first celebrity. He was John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester: Poet, dandy and libertine. BLAZING STAR is a compelling portrait of a remarkable and complex man, and of a cultural golden age that often spilled over into depravity.
- Author BiographyAlex Larman is a freelance journalist who has written for the TLS, the Guardian, and the New Statesman, as well as the Spectator and the Observer. He has also written a radio play.
- Author(s)Alexander Larman
- PublisherHead of Zeus
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHead of Zeus
- Content Note8pp colour illus
- Weight295 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.