All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.98
About this product
- DescriptionGod is alive and well and speaks to His people today. He does this primarily through His living Word, the Bible. In Blessed isShe: Lessons in Living from Women of the Bible, author Elizabeth McDavid Jones demonstrates to today s women that God is speaking to us. Blessed is She is a book meant to lead women to the Bible, to be an aid in helping us understand how to read and study God s Word for ourselves, to apply it to our lives and to grow our faith. The intention is that, through this book, every woman may come to kw that: . the Bible is for her . she can read the Bible and understand it . the Bible is relevant and applicable to her life here and w . the women in the Bible were women just like her, who experienced the same heartaches and spiritual trials she experiences . the faith journey of every woman in the Bible is similar to her own This devotional Biblestudy will jumpstart women in their own discovery of Bibletruths and life lessons, and even more important, the veryheart of God for them. The study features a close-up lookat Elizabeth, Mary the mother of Jesus, Mary of Bethany, Martha, and Naomi. Use the devotional pages for personal growth in quiet time with God and individual Bible reflection. For the woman who wants to delve deeper, For More Understanding pages allow a further exploration of what God s Word teaches about each Bible subject. To enhance group discussion and personal reflection, use the For Deeper Thought questions at the back of the book, or zoom into a more in-depth group focus with the 8-week Elizabeth Bible study.
- Author BiographyElizabeth McDavid Jones is the author of nine books and many magazine and serial stories for young people. Her books have sold over 750,000 copies. Five of her titles are slated for e-publication in Fall 2014, as part of Open Road s new series Mysteries through History. Elizabeth has won the Edgar Alan Poe Award and other recognition for her work. Elizabeth is a lifelong member of the Methodist Church, and has been involved in both children s and adult ministries for many years. She is also a ten-year-plus veteran of Community Bible Study, an interdenominational, international Bible study organization with nearly 700 classes located throughout the United States, as well as classes in more than 70 countries and more than 40 languages around the globe. A self-taught Bible scholar, Liz has an MA in Literature and teaches at a local college. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and children, where they share their home with a big brown dog and a mountain of dirty laundry.
- Author(s)Elizabeth McDavid Jones
- PublisherOpen Road Distribution
- Date of Publication03/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Distribution
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.