All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionBLISS LIFESTYLE: CHOOSING JOY OVER FOOD shows you why your previous approaches to weight loss haven't worked and offers a step-by-step method to help you design your ideal life at a healthy weight. People are willing to spend vast amounts of time in researching and implementing a financial plan or a kitchen revation, but when it comes to a weight loss plan they are only too happy to grab the latest one-size-fits-all scheme that addresses a narrow window of their life (usually diet) and then when it doesn't work, blame themselves and choose ather. Through the use of assessment tools, exercises in centering, developing personal awareness, listening to the body and stress management, BLISS LIFESTYLE will help you realize what you need to release or add to the whole of your life. As opposed to a focus of deprivation and blame you will be concentrating on your strengths and your preferences. You will learn to: 1.Develop more awareness of what areas of your life need to be changed to optimize health 2.Discipline your patterns of diet and exercise 3.Identify and deal with stressors that may be triggers to over-eating 4.Become more sensitive to your needs and how to take care of them without turning to food 5.Balance taking care of loved ones in a way that benefits everyone involved 6.Consult your inner-kwing about your choices instead of relying on expert advice 7.Utilize the ABC model for stress resolution and problem-solving 8.Give your anger and pain your caring attention instead of stuffing those emotions 9.Be less reactive to external influences to your peace of mind 10.Become aware of the power of your internal dialogue and use it to your advantage 11.Take moments throughout the day to center yourself so that you longer fall into automatic, unhealthy patterns of behavior 12.Soften the harshness of your self-criticism and change to positive reinforcement 13.Design and fine-tune a daily Bliss Lifestyle Plan that will allow you to maintain a healthy weight Follow your own unique bliss and you will have an abundant, happy life at a weight that is healthy for you. Why t start w?
- Author BiographyFor over 30 years clinical psychologist, Dr. Judith McKay, has helped clients create a more peaceful and healthy life. She has taught hundreds of clients about the psychological, emotional and behavioral elements of weight loss and maintenance. She has also worked with patients with chronic pain, anxiety and depression. Her extensive experience in mind/body healing includes her work at the UCLA Pain Management Clinic and the UCLA Boyer Cancer Clinic. She designed and implemented the behavioral program at the Pain Management Institute at USC Medical Center. For over 8 years at City of Hope National Medical Center Dr. McKay helped cancer, AIDS, cardiac and diabetic patients to deal with the demands of their diagnoses in the most adaptive way . She also wrote the curriculum and taught the behavior modification portion of City of Hope's weight loss program. She has facilitated cancer support groups through the Wellness Community and Vital Options for Young Adults With Cancer. Dr. McKay has written numerous journal articles, chapters and papers on various aspects of enhancing awareness to establish healthier lifestyles and has taught courses in Mindful Living, Mindful Eating at the Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine in La Jolla. She has lectured and taught internationally on the subject of mind/body health.
- Author(s)Dr Judith McKay
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.