All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionEach issue of Blocks to Die For! contains several blocks with cutting and piecing instructions for the most popular fabric die-cutting systems. Are you missing a specific die? Our EDeN (TM) (Equivalent Die Notation) System translation charts show you all the options. Don't have a die cutter? Rotary cutting instructions are included too! Block charts are always accompanied by a sample quilt layout, color key, and fabric requirements. Accelerate your learning with expert tips and tutorials, and find inspiration in the photos and sketches that appear in every issue. Want more? Visit our website, lovebugstudios.com, for additional content, and information on purchasing kits for projects featured in each issue.
- Author BiographyAward-winning quilter Ebony Love is recognized as one of the leading experts in fabric die-cutting techniques, and she regularly produces free videos featuring tips and techniques for die cutting and quilting. Author of The Big Little Book of Fabric Die Cutting Tips and the soon-to-be-released companion sketchbook Notes & Doodles, Ebony regularly shares her knowledge and advice via online forums and her own website. Her quilting & publishing company, LoveBug Studios, originally began as a custom quilt and handbag business. As she started learning more about quilting, she found more satisfaction in teaching others to quilt using her methods and techniques, and her growing line of publications are proving quite popular. Originally born in Denver, Colorado, Ebony has lived all over the United States, moving for school and work, and now calls the Midwest home. Ebony earned a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering from Columbia University and a Master of Science in Engineering from Purdue University. Die cutting and quilting turned out to be the perfect medium to exercise her love of engineering and math! In her quilting, you'll see Ebony's fondness for blindingly-bright prints, and her unabashed use of batiks and solids. She considers herself a traditional quilter who uses modern tools and color palettes to interpret her artistic voice, and of course, if it can't be die cut, it isn't getting made! Ebony is the Editor-in-Chief of a digital magazine for fabric die-cutting enthusiasts, Blocks to Die For! Ebony is a recurring guest on Mary Fons's show Quilty (available on QNNtv.com) and has had her quilts & quilting featured in several publications. She is also a very accomplished long arm quilter, and pens a regular column for Quilty Magazine called, Love, your Longarmer. She created and launched the EDeN(TM) System (Equivalent Die Notation System) which will enable anyone to convert patterns into die cutting instructions across all major cutting systems. While Ebony no longer produces custom quilts for clients, she does still offer long arm quilting services and travels for lectures, shows, and workshops as time permits. In addition to quilting and running her business, Ebony works full-time for a large food-manufacturing company.
- Author(s)Ebony Love
- PublisherLovebug Studios
- Date of Publication23/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLovebug Studios
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight118 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Edited byEbony Love
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.