Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionBlood Brothers is the only kwn vel by German social worker and journalist Ernst Haffner, of whom nearly all traces were lost during the course of the Second World War. Told in stark, unsparing detail, Haffner's story delves into the illicit underworld of Berlin on the eve of Hitler's rise to power, describing how these blood brothers move from one petty crime to the next, spending their nights in underground bars and makeshift hostels, struggling together to survive the harsh realities of gang life, and finding in one ather the legitimacy denied them by society.
- Author BiographyErnst Haffner was a journalist and social worker. His only known novel Blood Brothers was published to wide acclaim in 1932, before it was banned by the Nazis one year later. In the 1940s, all records of Haffner disappeard. His fate during the Second World War remains unknown.
- Author(s)Ernst Haffner
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication09/07/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarvill Secker
- Out-of-print date11/05/2017
- Weight400 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Translated byMichael Hofmann
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.