Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionHigh blood pressure or 'hypertension' is one of the most widespread and serious conditions in the developed world and many steps can be taken to monitor and manage your blood pressure. Blood Pressure - all you need to kw provides a clear, easy to understand account of the blood pressure, its control and how to measure it. The book provides full explanations of what actually constitutes a high blood pressure and why and how it should be treated. It also includes a discussion of low blood pressure, hypotension, and why it can also be dangerous. The various disorders associated with having a high blood pressure are also detailed. Hypertension is very much a patient's disease - the more familiar you become with the theory and management of the condition, the more you will benefit from check-ups with your GP. This comprehensive, illustrated book is an ideal manual for the thousands of people who suffer from hypertension and members of their family who are keen to learn about the condition and how best to monitor it. Nurses, GPs and medical students will also find it a useful source of information and a good guide on how to encourage their patients to take an active interest in their well being.
- Author BiographyHugh Coni MBBS BSc MRCGP trained at the Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, London, and then attended the Portsmouth GP training scheme. He spent some time in Australia increasing his general medical experience prior to settling into general practice in Petersfield, Hampshire in 1999. Dr Coni is currently managing more than 270 people with hypertension, over 30 of whom choose to monitor their own blood pressure. Hypertension cases take up 13% of all his consultations and account for nearly 500 consultations per annum. Because of his interest and expertise, Dr Coni was invited to join the Information and Support Advisory Group to the Blood Pressure Association - the British 'forum for individuals whose lives are affected by blood pressure'. A period of serious illness at the outset of his career has given him a special insight into the experiences of his patients. Nicholas Coni MA FRCP (London & Canada) qualified from Cambridge University and Westminster Medical School, and after various hospital posts was appointed to the consultant staff at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge in 1970. After serving on the Health Authority, he became clinical director of the Department of Medicine for the Elderly. Dr Coni has authored many papers in medical journals and chapters of books on medical subjects. He also taught the medical students of Cambridge University. Now retired, he participates in the activities of the University of the Third Age in Cambridge (of which he was co-founder) and takes an interest in the management of his own hypertension.
- Author(s)Hugh Coni,Nicholas Coni
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/2002
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Medicine Press Ltd
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.