All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.88Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionBusiness lately has been deadly for Ike Kelly. Recent unexpected gunplay has whittled his detective agency down to a single operative: a man named John Henry Cole. Cole is the only man left when a new assignment comes in from a former lover of Kelly's, a woman operating an escort service in the new mining camp of Deadwood in Dakota Territory. Three of the young women working for her have been murdered, and someone is trying to cover up their deaths. It's a dangerous job, and Cole is advised that he must take every precaution--as if he needed such advice. The legendary Wild Bill Hickok was recently murdered at Deadwood, and Calamity Jane Canary and Doc Holliday are among Cole's potential suspects. Add that to a corrupt constable and a bounty hunter who just happens to be an old enemy of Cole's, and it's clear there are many who will t welcome his arrival in Deadwood. Cole is a lonely man in a lonely profession, and finding a murderer in the wild mining camp could be less of a challenge than simply staying alive. Using real-life characters and settings from one of the most torious times in the history of the Wild West, veteran author Bill Brooks spins ather edge-of-your-seat thriller. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction that takes place in the old West. Westerns--books about outlaws, sheriffs, chiefs and warriors, cowboys and Indians--are a genre in which we publish regularly. Our list includes international bestselling authors like Zane Gray and Louis L'Amour, and many more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyBills Brooks is the author of over twenty Westerns, despite beginning his publishing career until the age of fifty. He's written such books as the acclaimed Stone Garden: The Epic Life of Billy the Kid and Bonnie & Clyde A Love Story. Brooks lives in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Author(s)Bill Brooks
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight342 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.