All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSomeone in Pakistan is killing the members of a new CIA intelligence unit that is trying to buy peace with America's enemies. It falls to Sophie Marx, a young CIA officer with a big chip on her shoulder, to figure out who's doing the killing and why. Her starting point is Alphabet Capital, the London hedge fund that has been providing cover for this secret operation, but the investigation soon widens to include the capitals of the Middle East and the cruel hills of South Waziristan. Sophie thinks she has the backing of her hard-sed boss, Jeffrey Gertz, and his genial mentor at headquarters, Cyril Hoffman. In addition, she gets help from the well-mannered lieutenant general heading Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate. But the closer Sophie gets to her quarry, the more she realizes that thing in this gallery of mirrors is quite what it seems. This is a theater of violence and retribution, in which the last act is one that Sophie could t have imagined. David Ignatius has written a disturbing and compelling vel where the price of unchecked government is paid in blood, and peace can be bought only through betrayal.
- Author BiographyDavid Ignatius is a prize-winning columnist for the Washington Post and has been covering the Middle East and the CIA for nearly three decades. He has written several New York Times bestsellers, most recently The Director. He lives in Washington, DC.
- Author(s)David Ignatius
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight580 g
- Width168 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine33 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.19
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $94.27
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $21.31Trending at AU $24.17
- AU $11.48Trending at AU $14.32
- AU $11.88Trending at AU $15.37
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.