All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionStarting with the Saxons and moving swiftly on to the vicious murder of King Edmund by a Viking horde (though he quickly got his revenge on his killer when he returned as a weapon-wielding spectre), the attack on Abbot Lofestan (whose hands were withered in an act of holy retribution) and a whole host of battles, riots, plagues and scandals, this is a shortened history of the town with all the boring bits snipped out. With more than 70 illustrations (plus a grim and gruesome colour section), you'll never look at local history in the same way again!
- Author BiographyRobert Leader, who lives in Bury, served in the Merchant Navy, and was for 20 years a retained fire-fighter with the Suffolk Fire Brigade. The author of more than 200 published articles, 50 novels, and three local history guides to date, his adventures include two overland trips across the Middle East, India, and South East Asia, the overland trans-Africa trip from Tunis to Capetown and a recent round-the-world trip with his wife.
- Author(s)Robert Leader
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.