All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOmaha beach attracts over one and a half million visitors each year, making it the most visited Second World War battlefield site in Europe. This narrow strip of Normandy coastline was crucial to the successful outcome of Overlord - the largest amphibious operation in history - and to the Second World War itself. Here in words and pictures is the story of the high price in human life of that success which gives the area its grim title: 'Bloody Omaha'.
- Author BiographyWilliam Jordan is an historian and lecturer; since 1991 he has been the Guide-Conferencier des Monuments Historiques et des Sites in Caen, France. He has written several Second World War titles for Pitkin.
- Author(s)William Jordan
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2000
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMilitary and Maritime
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitkin Guides
- Content Note18 colour & 32 b/w images, 1 map
- Weight100 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edited byJohn McIlwain
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.83Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.