All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe recent government changes to assessment in the UK, together with an increased requirement to develop a rigorous curriculum, has meant schools and school leaders are challenged to take curriculum and assessment design seriously. With this new focus and freedom comes excitement but also unease, as teachers sense a gap in their expertise when it comes to designing new systems. Simultaneously, the nature of CPD has been reinvigorated in the digital age with teachers inspired by online resources, Twitter and educational blogs. The result? Teachers are taking their development into their own hands and re-professionalising teaching! Bringing together these two movements, this compelling book provides an opportunity for teachers to grasp what curriculum and curriculum-driven assessment means, and how to tackle the task of curriculum and assessment design at subject and whole-school level. Taking on some of the key arguments, philosophies and theories alongside strong practical examples from schools, Summer Turner offers advice and provides examples of how to design a system that works for your pupils.
- Author BiographySummer Turner is a secondary teacher at East London Science School where she is Head of Faculty for English and Languages and leads on Teaching and Learning, including Curriculum and Assessment. As part of her role at East London Science School, Summer has developed a new curriculum for English, has been an advisor for curriculum development at whole school level and was a lead member of the team which designed their KS3 assessment system. She is also an active voice within the teaching community: blogging about teaching and education, and regularly speaks at teaching events such as TeachMeets, Pedagoo and BETT.
- Author(s)Summer Turner
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleBloomsbury CPD Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Weight486 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Volume editorSarah Findlater
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.